A good night’s sleep is key to living well, and with a huge collection of quilts, doonas and comforters to choose from that are available in a vast selection of sizes, colours and styles, our range of quilts has something for everyone. Explore the entire range online or in-store at Harris Scarfe today!
257 Items found
How To Choose The Right Quilt For You
Choosing the right quilt, duvet or doona is essential for ensuring the perfect night's sleep. But how do you know what kind of quilt and quilt cover are best for you? It's a good idea to keep in mind what type of sleeper you are, your temperature preferences and how washable the quilt needs to be for your lifestyle.
Deciding on the right size of quilt is the first step. This may seem simple, but you have several options ranging from single quilts up to super king doonas. Many of our customers often choose to go up a size with their quilts and doonas to create a cosy, luxurious look. This results in a snug and warm bed because there's more bedding to go around. Try popping a king-size doona on a queen-size bed or a queen-size quilt on your double bed ensemble.
A Range Of Different Bedding Types
Not sure of the difference between a quilt and a blanket? Can't tell a comforter from a doona? We understand that it can get confusing, which is why we've created some helpful tips.
Blankets are a single-layer covering, often made out of wool, and usually used to add extra layers of warmth. An electric blanket is different again though, so keep that in mind when purchasing.
In Australia, the terms 'quilt' and 'doona' are interchangeable. Both refer to cosy bedding that has at least three layers and is filled with some kind of fibre such as a goose down quilt. Quilts come in a variety of weights, and unlike blankets, you will need to use a quilt cover with them, such as a soft cotton quilt cover or stylish wool quilt cover.
Finally, comforters are warm, colourful, filled bedding that you can use without a cover. This makes them popular choices for kids' beds, as they're cosy and don't bunch up the way doonas can.
What Other Bedding Can I Find at Harris Scarfe?
- Cushions and accessories: with a huge selection of throw blankets and bed cushions to choose from, styling your home has never been easier with our range of cushions and accessories.
- Bedding: whether you are looking for pillow protectors, underlays, bed sheets, mattress toppers or more, you will find it in our massive range of bedding at Harris Scarfe.
- Electric blankets: as the ultimate way to stay warm during the colder months, explore our huge range of electric blankets to make sure you are crawling into a warm and snug bed this winter!
- Bed sheet sets: no matter your preferred thread count or style, our huge range of bed sheet sets has something for everyone.
- Blankets: whether you enjoy wrapping yourself up in a blanket or prefer a stylish throw for decorating your bedroom, you'll find everything you need in our great range of blankets.
Find the Right Quilt, Doona & Duvet at Harris Scarfe
You can spend anywhere from $40 to $1,000 on a quilt, and your choice of filling dictates the cost. Down quilts cost the most but have a gorgeous fluffy feel (also known as 'loft'). Meanwhile, cotton is a great choice if you live in a warmer climate or have allergies. Synthetic fibre-filled quilts are easily washable but don't offer the cosiness of natural fibres. Bamboo is both eco-friendly and naturally antibacterial. Each filling has its own benefits, so take some time to decide which is right for you.
Shop our entire range of quilts, doonas and duvets including wool, cotton and goose down quilts for all bed sizes online or visit us in-store today.