Create a soothing & relaxed space with gorgeously fragranced candles from Harris Scarfe. Discover the range of scented candles online & in-store today!
87 Items found
Set the Mood With Scented Candles From Harris Scarfe
Introducing fragrances to your home not only helps it smell great, but certain scents can also have a meaningful impact on your mood. Adding fragrance with scented candles is a wonderful way to relax and unwind after a long day, with the lovely smells interacting with soothing candlelight to create a peaceful atmosphere. At Harris Scarfe, you can discover a wide range of candle fragrances that are perfect for elevating your downtime into something truly special. For a relaxing spa experience, use a scented candle next time you have a bath, or encourage peaceful sleep by briefly lighting a candle in the bedroom before you head off to the land of nod.
What Fragrances Can I Find In Harris Scarfe's Candle Range?
With a huge range of options to choose from, Harris Scarfe has a scented candle for every room and occasion. If you're looking specifically for aromatherapy benefits, be sure to keep an eye out for candles made with essential oils. You can find fragrance combinations designed to evoke certain moods, as well as a few key fragrance types:
- Floral & Botanical: Floral scents are perfect for creating a soothing atmosphere ideal for relaxing and unwinding. Try lavender at bedtime, or freshen up laundries and bathrooms with smells of gardenia, peony or tea rose.
- Herbal & Spicy: Sandalwood and cinnamon are perfect for adding rich, earthy and spicy fragrances to bedrooms and living spaces.
- Fruity: Naturally-inspired fruit fragrances are great for uplifting your spaces. Try zesty smells like grapefruit, refreshing watermelon or tropical combinations like vanilla & coconut to add a bit of zing to your mood!
- Unfragranced: If you're sensitive to certain smells, unscented pillar candles are the way to go. They're also ideal for decorating dining tables for a candlelit dinner, as you don't want the smells to conflict with the delicious aromas of your meal.
How to clean a candle jar
A candle jar is an all-in-one design where the wax and wick are contained in a decorative glass jar - eliminating the need for a separate candle holder. Instead of simply recycling, you can reuse the jar for votive candles, tea light candles or as compact vases for placing posies around the home. You can clean a candle jar in just a few simple steps:
- Carefully pour some freshly boiled water into the candle jar, filling it halfway. The best way to do this safely is by placing the jar in the sink to minimise any dangerous spills or splashes.
- Allow the hot water to melt the wax. The melted wax will float on top of the water and harden as the water cools.
- Once the wax has solidified, simply lift out the disc of wax and wash the jar using dish detergent and a gentle scourer.
How to get the most out of your candles
If you've ever experienced lighting a candle only to find the wick has burned to the base without using up all the wax, you're not alone! In order to get the maximum usage out of pillar candles or candle jars, it's important to set up an even burning pattern with the first use. To do so, light the candle and allow the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the candle. The next time you light it there will be an established divot for the hot wax to go, helping it to burn evenly with no wastage.
How to remove candle wax from carpet
While it may seem disastrous, there are a few simple steps you can take to remove spilled candle wax from your carpet before resorting to bringing in professional cleaners. These steps can equally be applied to removing wax from tablecloths, table runners, placemats and other textile-based table linens:
- While the spill is fresh and still liquid, place an ice pack over the affected area of the carpet to quickly solidify the wax.
- Once the wax is solid, gently lift it out of the carpet fibres as best you can with a butter knife.
- Blot up any residue with some paper towel or a cotton cloth.
- You can use a gently applied warm iron and some paper towel or paper bag to blot up any residual residue. Test the iron's temperature on an inconspicuous area of carpet, then place your blotting material between the iron and the stain. As the wax melts it will soak into the paper. Keep the paper moving until all the wax has been absorbed.
- If required, use a suitable carpet cleaner to eliminate the last traces of wax and grease.
What Else Can I Use To Fragrance My Home?
At Harris Scarfe, we also have an extensive range of reed diffusers to subtly scent your home interior. You can also find ultrasonic diffusers for use with essential oils or fragrance oils, as well as candle holders and lanterns to house your favourite scented candles or tealights.
Shop Harris Scarfe's Home Fragrance Range & Create a Soothing Home Sanctuary
Discovering the perfect scented candles and home fragrance products is simple with such a wide range to choose from at Harris Scarfe! Shop with ease online and enjoy the convenience of home delivery order, or opt for our free 2-hour click & collect service for your purchases. You can also explore the range in-store and find the perfect fragrances in person. Be sure to sign up to HS Friends as well, for access to personalised rewards and exclusive membership offers!