Microwaves & Convection Ovens
Whether it is to cook, reheat or defrost, our range of microwave ovens can make your meal preparation easier in no time. Shop microwave ovens at Harris Scarfe.
13 Items found
Shop Quality Microwaves and Mini Ovens for Maximum Convenience
Investing in a microwave may seem like a small decision, but it can greatly impact your life. With its incredible versatility, convenience, and efficiency, a microwave can quickly become an indispensable tool in your kitchen. A mini oven can also improve the convenience for your kitchen especially if you live alone or just need a small oven. Convection ovens are great for small homes and quicker cooking because of their compact size.
Benefits of Microwaves and Mini Ovens
Here are just a few of the benefits of investing in a high-quality microwave or convection oven:
- Save time and energy: A microwave is incredibly efficient, allowing you to cook or reheat food in a fraction of the time it would take on a stove or oven. Plus, since a microwave doesn't need to preheat, you'll save more time and energy.
- Enjoy healthier meals: Microwaves are great for steaming vegetables, cooking fish, and reheating leftovers, all of which can help you maintain a healthy diet. Plus, since you can cook with minimal oil or butter, you'll be able to cut back on unnecessary calories.
- Preserve nutrients and flavour: When cooking food in a microwave, you preserve more nutrients and natural flavour than traditional cooking methods. That's because the high heat of a stove or oven can break down some of the vitamins and minerals in food, while a microwave's gentle heat doesn't.
- Keep your kitchen cool: In the summer months, the last thing you want to do is heat your kitchen with a hot stove or oven. On the other hand, a microwave generates very little heat, making it a great choice for warm-weather cooking.
- Make entertaining a breeze: With a microwave, you can quickly and easily whip up appetisers, dips, and other party foods without spending hours in the kitchen. Plus, since you can reheat food in a microwave, you won't have to worry about your guests arriving before the food is ready.
Microwave and Convection Oven FAQs
What is a microwave oven?
A microwave oven is an essential kitchen appliance, offering a convenient and fast way to heat, cook and reheat food.
What is a convection microwave oven?
The power of a convection oven combined with the convenience of a microwave, make up a convection microwave oven.
What is the difference between a microwave and a convection oven?
Microwave ovens rely on electromagnetic microwaves, making them a quick and easy option for defrosting, steaming and cooking food. Convection ovens, on the other hand, use hot air circulation to give your meal a delicious oven-baked flavour with a crispy texture.
How to clean a microwave oven?
Mix equal parts of white vinegar and warm water, or use a lemon slice if you don't have vinegar. Add it to a bowl, place it in the microwave and run it for five minutes. This will help loosen any cooked-on food particles and make them easier to remove. Then remove the bowl and wipe down the inside with a damp cloth or sponge. Finally, use a dry cloth or paper towel to dry the inside of your microwave oven, and you're done!
What Are The Typical Microwave Oven Dimensions?
Generally, the width of a microwave oven in Australia is between 45 and 60 centimetres in width, 35 to 45 centimetres in depth, and 25 to 35 centimetres in height. The most common size is around 48 centimetres wide, 38 centimetres deep, and 26 centimetres high.
Choosing The Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
In addition to microwaves, shop from a huge assortment of kitchen appliances like air fryers, electric grills & frypans, and pressure & multi cookers. You'll be able to prep and cook quickly, saving you time and effort in the kitchen. Don't forget to check out the Food Hub for nifty cookware tips and meal recipes. We understand that finding the right microwave for your home is essential at Harris Scarfe. That's why our online and in-store collections offer a huge range. Our selection of microwaves is designed to offer something for everyone - from traditional family microwaves and toaster ovens to premium combination microwave convection ovens, multi ovens and smart ovens. Find the perfect model at Harris Scarfe from brands like Delonghi, Smith & Nobel, Russel Hobbs, and Breville, to name a few.
In fact, our smart ovens are designed to reduce cooking time by almost 30% - lending ease and convenience to your cooking experience. Some have air frying capabilities helping you make the most of this very handy kitchen appliance while saving you money and space in the kitchen. Shop online or visit one of our stores to find the ideal solution for your kitchen.