Cheese Knives & Sets
Enjoy your favourite cheese with a beautiful cheese knife from Harris Scarfe. Choose from a range of quality cheese knives in different sizes & styles!
25 Items found
Guide To Knives & Knife Sets For Hard & Soft Cheese
If you're a charcuterie lover, a great cheese knife set should be an essential part of your cutlery collection. While using standard cutlery & utensils for cutting cheese can work in a pinch, purpose-built cheese knives make all the difference when it comes to clean slicing, which impacts both the presentation and taste of your delicious cheese! At Harris Scarfe, you can shop for beautiful cheese knives such as the ever-popular Laguiole cheese knife sets, or other gourmet cheese boards and knife sets. Read on for more information about the different types of cheese knives and how to use them. Don't forget to also visit our Food hub to learn how to make the ultimate cheese platter.
Different Types Of Cheese Knives
Knowing which knife is best for certain cheeses will help you get the most out of your new cheese knife set. Here are some of the most popular styles of cheese knife available:
- Blade-style cheese knife: This type of knife has a sharp and pointed blade that can easily cut through hard cheeses without causing them to crumble.
Perfect for: Parmesan, Pecorino
- Fork-tipped cheese knife: Excellent all-rounder that can be used for hard or soft cheese. This knife has a forked tip that can be used to serve and cut cheeses.
Perfect for: All types of cheese
- Soft cheese/brie knife: A soft cheese knife has a long and thin blade for cutting through softer cheeses. Sometimes designed with holes through the blade, which help prevent the cheese from sticking.
Perfect for: Brie, Camembert, Gorgonzola
- Cheese hatchet/cleaver: Has a wide, rectangular shape that is perfect for cutting clean slices of hard cheeses.
Perfect for: Cheddar, Gouda
- Cheese spreader: Designed for spreading soft cheese on crackers. Has a flat blade, often with a slightly curved or angled edge.
Perfect for: Soft cheeses
You may wish to purchase cheese knives separately to build a set that works best for you, such as the above options from Tempa and Maxwell & Williams. We also offer complete cheese knife sets from fabulous, popular brands such as Stanley Rogers & Laguiole Elite. For a more comprehensive breakdown of all types of essential knives you need in your kitchen, we've prepared a kitchen knife buying guide.
Cheese Knives & Knife Sets: FAQ
Why do cheese knives have holes?
Some knives designed for soft cheeses have holes to prevent the cheese from sticking to the blade as it cuts through. This allows for a smooth and even cut without the cheese getting stuck to the blade and ruining the shape of the slice.
How to use a cheese knife?
The process for using a cheese knife correctly will differ depending on the type of knife and cheese. Soft cheeses require a knife with holes to prevent sticking, while hard cheeses need a sharp and sturdy blade. For hard cheese, start at the edge and work your way inward, cutting straight down. For soft cheese, start in the centre and use a gentle sawing motion.
Discover Gourmet Cheese Knives & Cheese Knife Sets At Harris Scarfe
Shop for quality cheese knives with confidence. At Harris Scarfe, we can help you to make the finishing touches on that charcuterie board with a complementary setting of glassware and napery. Visit us online or in-store today and discover an incredibly versatile range of dinnerware, for both special occasions and everyday use.