Discover the range of barware accessories at Harris Scarfe. Find everything you need, including whisky stones, drink stirrers, muddlers, bar tools & more.
11 Items found
Essential Bar Tools & Accessories For Making Perfect Cocktails
Fancy a drink? Elevate your drink-making with the range of bar tools and accessories available at Harris Scarfe. Whether you're looking to make a technical cocktail, a whisky on the rocks, or want to simply open a bottle of wine, we have it all! Looking to take your mixology skills to the next level but not sure where to start? Read our recipe guide for 17 easy cocktails to try at home to get a feel for the basic accessories that every home bartender should keep in their tool belt.
Handy Mixology Tools That Every Bar Needs
There are certain tools & accessories that no home bartender should be without:
- Cocktail Shaker: The Tempa Aurora Boston Silver Cocktail Shaker is a traditional cocktail shaker for making classic mixed drinks.
- Jigger: This handy tool ensures that you measure out the correct amount of alcohol for each drink. Check out this cocktail-making set from trusted brand Avanti, which includes a jigger.
- Muddler: Used to crush fresh fruits and herbs for cocktails. At Harris Scarfe, we have stainless steel as well as wooden muddlers to choose from.
- Strainer: Used to strain liquids and ice in cocktails, such as Martinis and Manhattans.
- Wine Opener: Essential for opening corked wine and champagne bottles. This corkscrew bottle opener from the brand OXO is a top pick. We also have bottle openers suitable for screw-capped beverages such as beer.
Bar Tools FAQs
What is a jigger?
A jigger is a small measuring tool used in the preparation of cocktails and other drinks. They're often made of metal or plastic and come in a variety of styles and shapes.
How to use an ice crusher?
- Fill the ice crusher with ice cubes, making sure not to overfill it.
- Start cranking the handle, depending on the model you have.
- Begin feeding the ice into the crusher slowly.
- Collect the crushed ice in a container placed underneath the machine.
- Continue crushing ice until you have the desired amount.
How to use a bottle opener?
Using a bottle opener is easy! Simply position the metal arm of the opener over the bottle cap. Push down on the metal arm with your hand, which will lift the cap off the bottle using the lever action of the opener.
How to use a muddler?
- Choose the ingredients you want to muddle e.g., fresh herbs, fruits, or spices.
- Place the ingredients in a cocktail shaker or glass
- Use the muddler to press and twist the ingredients, breaking them down to release their flavours and aromas.
Great Value Bar Tools At Harris Scarfe
Arming yourself with the right tools and cocktail accessories means delicious drinks at home, all year round. We also have bar & cocktail glasses, as well as a range of other speciality drinkware that will enhance the enjoyment of your chosen beverage. Finish off your drink with some ice made from one of our specialty or standard ice trays. You may also wish to check out our Food hub which boasts incredible seasonal cocktail recipes for both summer and winter. Get started on your mixology journey by browsing Harris Scarfe online or come and visit us in-store today!