Discover easy-to-use ice trays as well as speciality-shaped and sphere ice trays for whisky and cocktails. Shop great ice trays and ice accessories today.
18 Items found
What Ice Trays Are Available At Harris Scarfe?
Ice cubes have become a quintessential part of enjoying a chilled beverage, whether it be coffee, a cocktail, or just plain water! Nowadays, they function not only as a practical option for chilling liquids, but are also used as an aesthetically pleasing garnish. At Harris Scarfe, we offer ice cube trays, moulds & accessories for creating mini ice cubes, spherical ice cubes, jumbo cubes, and more. Our ice trays come in a variety of sizes and food-safe materials, with features such as no-spill lids & pop-release functions. Shop from leading brands for ice cube trays such as Avanti, Tovolo & Tempa. At Harris Scarfe, you'll be sure to find trays & moulds for both your daily and specialty ice-making needs.
Tips For Making The Perfect Ice Using a Tray Or Mould
Follow these simple steps to create perfect ice cubes at home using a tray:
- Use a clean tray: This prevents any contamination or strange tastes.
- Use filtered water: For tasteless ice with perfect clarity, it is recommended to use filtered water. If you don't own a filter, we also stock Brita water filters which will do the job.
- Fill and level the tray correctly: Fill the tray with water, leaving a little space at the top so that it doesn't spill while freezing. Ensure it is placed on a level surface in the freezer.
- Allow enough time to freeze: Give the tray enough time to freeze - usually a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the ice: Once the ice is frozen, remove the tray from the freezer. Twist the tray gently or pour warm water over the bottom to release the ice.
- Storing the ice: Transfer the ice to a clean container or bag and store it in the freezer to prevent it from melting.
- Use the ice: Grab your favourite bar glass and use ice in your favourite cocktail. We have a huge range of drinkware for beverages that use ice. It's also recommended to invest in a reusable straw to make the drinking experience more pleasant (and environmentally friendly!).
Ice Tray FAQs
Should you fill ice cube trays with hot or cold water?
You may fill ice cube trays with hot or cold water. Hot water is often recommended, as it freezes faster than cold water. It also has less dissolved air, which can cause bubbles and slower freezing times. It is important to note that using hot water may increase the risk of the ice tray warping or cracking due to rapid temperature changes.
How long does an ice tray take to freeze?
The time it takes an ice tray to freeze depends on several factors. The temperature of the freezer, the size of the ice tray, and the amount of water in the ice tray can all impact freeze times. On average, it takes approximately 4 hours for water in an ice tray to freeze completely.
How to get smells out of a silicone ice tray?
There are a few tried-and-true methods for removing unpleasant odours from a silicone ice tray. If washing with soap and water hasn't been successful, we recommend trying one of the below alternatives:
- Baking soda, ground coffee or activated charcoal: Sprinkle baking soda or activated charcoal over the tray and let it sit for a few hours. It will absorb any lingering odours.
- Vinegar: Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a bowl. Soak the silicone ice tray in the solution for a few hours.
- Sunlight: Leave the silicone tray in a sunny spot for a few hours. Sunlight can help to break down any odours in the tray.
Keep It Cool With Quality Ice Cube Trays & Moulds At Harris Scarfe
Whether you're looking for a durable plastic tray for daily use, soft silicone, or novelty-shaped ice trays, look no further than online or in-store at Harris Scarfe. We stock everything you need to make delicious summer cocktails, including bar tools, cocktail & wine accessories, and more. Visit our Food Hub section for more inspiration on delicious ways of keeping cool during the warmer months.