Shop the exciting Christmas range at Harris Scarfe. Get everything you need from Christmas trees to home decor, tableware and lights.
No products match your preferences, please try widening your selection options
How to fluff a Christmas tree
Once you've unpacked and set up your Christmas tree out of the box, it needs one final touch before you can start decorating it - fluffing. The purpose of this is to make your Christmas tree look as lifelike as possible.
- First, it's best to wear gloves or a long sleeve shirt to avoid the risk of any branches scratching your arms.
- Beginning at the base and working your way to the very top, spread out and separate each individual branch.
- Place your hands inside the gaps in the tree and begin fluffing by running your hands over each branch. Like messing up your hair, you want to create a rough look to give your tree more fullness and volume.
- Keep checking your tree to ensure all sides appear even. Once everything is looking good, you're ready to start decorating your Christmas tree!
How to decorate a Christmas tree
To decorate your Christmas tree like a pro this festive season, here are some helpful tips you can easily follow to get the most out of your tree:
- Before you start adorning your tree with Christmas decorations, first decide on a theme to set the overall tone, colours and style. Do you want bright, vibrant colours to make your Christmas tree the focal point of the room? Or maybe you want a neutral theme with a soft colour palette?
- To save you the stress of wrestling with your Christmas tree, it's best to start decorating your tree with the Christmas lights first and then decorate around them once in place.
- Pick and arrange your Christmas ornaments so that they complement each other. For example, hanging a white bauble underneath a big red ribbon on a green tree will help accentuate traditional Christmas colours for a more festive vibe.
- Make sure you balance the decor of your Christmas decorations. To avoid a cluster of decorations in one area, start by placing some ornaments at the top of the tree followed by the base, then slowly work your way towards filling the gaps until the whole tree is evenly covered.
For the best looking Christmas tree, check out our in-depth guide to Christmas tree decorating.
What other Christmas supplies can I find at Harris Scarfe?
- Food and hampers: whether it's a gift for someone special, work colleagues or for yourself, our delicious and exciting range of Christmas food and hampers are loaded with a variety of sweet treats like shortbread, mint chocolate, liqueur sauces and more.
- Novelty Christmas items: celebrating this festive season is easy at Harris Scarfe. Our range of novelty Christmas items has all your needs covered, from beautiful tea towels and aprons to Christmas crackers, games and more.
- Christmas decorations: our huge range of Christmas decorations and ornaments features a great selection of tree toppers, baubles, laser lights, tree figurines and more, perfect for taking your Christmas tree to the next level!
Find the Right Christmas Decorations & Ornaments at Harris Scarfe
Perfect for Christmas gift ideas and bringing the spirit of the festive season into your home, our huge Christmas range has something for everyone. When doing your big Christmas shop this year, Harris Scarfe has everything you need under one roof.
Shop our entire range of Christmas decorations and ornaments online or visit us in-store today. For more helpful tips when it comes to decorating this Christmas, check out our ultimate guide to Christmas decorating.