Buy The Best Food Processor For You & Your Kitchen
What Is A Food Processor?
Food processors & choppers are used throughout the world to make food preparation easier. These kitchen appliances boast powerful motors and sharp blades to take the hard work out of chopping, dicing, slicing, shredding and mixing. With ultra-fast chopping and slicing actions the best food processors are the ones that can be used for a variety of food preparation tasks. They'll ensure your food is evenly chopped, mixed or pureed, with different speeds and blades for various textures.
If you're looking for the best food processor in Australia then you're in the right place. At Harris Scarfe, our team have sourced high-quality kitchen appliances from brands you can trust to offer you a variety of food preparation options. Our handy guide will take you through the benefits, features and surprising meal options available from your food processor. We'll also help you figure out which kitchen appliance will work best for you and your family so that you can buy with confidence.
- Food Processors vs Blenders: What's The Difference?
- Food Processor Functions, Features & Benefits
- How To Choose The Best Food Processor
- Top Selling Food Processors & Choppers
Food Processors vs Blenders: What's The Difference?
Food processors and blenders have a lot of common functions, but they are different. Some families will just have one or the other, while others will use both.
- Blenders are generally smaller with fixed blades. They're great for mixing liquids so they make juices, smoothies and soups with ease.
- Food processors are usually much bigger and designed to handle more vigorous kitchen tasks. Chopping and shredding your hard ingredients, like cheese, zucchini and carrots, are made quick and easy. They have powerful motors with several blades and interchangeable mixing options, saving you time and space in your kitchen.
What Is A Food Processor Used For?
You can use your food processor to make a range of condiments and handy ingredients for cooking and eating. Here are some great time and money saving ways make the most out of your food processor:
- Using stale bread to make breadcrumbs
- Grating cheese
- Mixing pizza and pasta dough
- Dicing fruits for pies, crumbles & other baked goods
- Grating vegetables like zucchini, carrots & potatoes for fritters
- Mincing meat - great for pasta sauces, burgers, meatloaf or rissoles
- Grinding herbs & spices
- Making nut butters, pesto, dips and condiments like mayonnaise or aioli
- Crushing biscuits for cheesecake bases
- Mixing cake batters or making pastry
- Make your own flour from rice, oats, nuts & more - perfect for any household catering for gluten intolerances!
Food Processor Functions, Features & Benefits
Food processors and choppers are a fantastic way to whip up quick healthy meals without all the messy food preparation. Time saving benefits aside, they're also a great way to add nutritious value to your meals.
When you use a food processor, you know exactly what's going into your meal which allows you to make healthier choices. It's easy to make your own food in seconds while avoiding packaged foods that contain preservatives and other nasties. Parents worldwide love using food processors to effortlessly puree, chop and shred vegetables to secretly add them into meals and sauces.
Food processors and choppers are one of the most versatile appliances you can add to your kitchen. Many processors feature a range of attachments like different slicing and grating discs to take the hard work out of a range of food preparation tasks. Let's break it down by some of the different food processor types you can find at Harris Scarfe:
Food processor choppers can be thought of as a mini food processor or small food processor. They typically have bowls with smaller capacities (around 500mL), and are ideal for food prep tasks like chopping nuts, blending marinades and making pesto dips or flavoured oils. You can find choppers with handy features like intuitive one touch operation, interchangeable blades and storage lids that allow you to preserve leftovers directly in the processor bowl. They're perfect for smaller kitchens with limited bench space or storage space. At Harris Scarfe you can also find manually operated choppers in our range of slicers, spiralisers & mandolines which are a great option if you require chopping rather than a blending or mixing action.
Standard food processors feature larger capacity bowls than their chopper counterparts, making them a great option for preparing larger volumes of food. Many come with a variety of attachments like grating discs, chopping blades, dough blades and more. You can also find food processors that offer pre-set programs such as puree, chop, slice or mix - so you can let the appliance do the work for you at just the touch of a button!
Multi-Function Food Processors
For those who want their food processor to cover them for every food preparation task, multi-function food processors are the answer. They offer the widest selection of attachments and will typically also include a blender jug as well. Complete with different processing modes for pulsing, chopping, ice crushing and dough mixing, a multifunction processor also offers the highest motor wattage to ensure it can power through any food processing task.
How To Choose The Best Food Processor
If you're in the market for a food processor then aim to find the best food processor for you. Top-of-the range designs might be appealing, but it's important to consider the functions and features that are important to you and you will ultimately use on a regular basis. Review our food processor shopping checklist to help you choose the right food processor for your kitchen:
Shopping Checklist: What To Consider When Buying A Food Processor
- Bowl size, material & capacity: If you want to be able to mix or chop larger volumes of food, then choose a food processor over a smaller chopper. The larger capacity ensures you can explore a range of food prep options and recipes. Likewise, consider the material the bowl is made from - glass bowls or jugs are less likely to retain odours or stains from oils, spices or ingredients like onion or garlic. For ease of cleaning, look for bowls and blades that are made from dishwasher safe materials.
- Functions, speed settings & programs: Consider the types of meals you like to prepare and whether or not you need a wide range of function settings like ice crushing or dough mixing from your food processor. If you want to explore the full variety of capabilities from your food processor, opt for a model that includes a blender jug so you can get the best of both worlds from your appliance!
- Attachments: If you like to make a range of dishes like fritters, coleslaws, meatballs or baked goods, look for a food processor that includes a variety of attachments. Some food processors feature attachments for slicing, chopping and dough mixing which can be invaluable if you have a large recipe repertoire.
- Motor Power: The speed and power with which your food processor can perform food preparation tasks is largely dependent on the motor power - the higher the wattage, the more powerful the motor is. If you're going to be giving your food processor a regular workout, choose a model with heavy duty motor power for best results.
Top Selling Food Processors & Choppers
At Harris Scarfe you can find food processors & choppers from brands including Russell Hobbs, NutriBullet and Breville. We're also proud of our exclusive Smith & Nobel range of kitchen appliances and cookware which aims to bring you quality, easy to use kitchen products at the best value prices. Explore our top selling food processors online today.