Find The Best Air Fryer For Your Kitchen: The Complete Buying Guide
What Is An Air Fryer?
Air fryers are the latest in cooking technology and it's easy to see why they're becoming one of Australia's best-loved kitchen appliances. With an air fryer you can create favourite dishes that are traditionally deep fried without compromising on taste - just imagine savouring the flavour and crispy texture of fried food without the fuss and mess of deep-frying in oil.
For years, conventional ovens have been trying to compete with the delicious taste of deep-fried delicacies to no avail, until now. An air fryer works by using hot air to cook your food, rapidly circulating the air to ensure even and thorough cooking. Unlike a conventional oven, an air fryer won't dry out your food or create uneven temperatures, making it ideal for roasting and baking.
With so many air fryers to choose from, how do you find the best one for you and your family? At Harris Scarfe, we've tried and tested our brands to ensure quality and durability. Our comprehensive air fryers buying guide will help you understand the features and benefits of this handy appliance so you can find the best air fryer for your kitchen. You can also check out our best selling air fryers according to our customers - read on to learn more!
- Air Fryer Features, Benefits & Functions
- Choosing The Best Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Top Sellers
- Air Fryer Recipes & Meal Inspiration
Air Fryer Features, Benefits & Functions
Despite their name, air fryers are not just for frying - you can bake, roast and heat a huge range of dishes with ease in an air fryer. Air fryers feature a range of temperature settings, functions and accessories to take your cooking to the next level. At Harris Scarfe you can find air fryers that can also replace your conventional oven when baking desserts, pizzas, schnitzel, meatballs and more. Discover easy to use functions across the range of air fryers including pre-set cooking programs, timer settings, digital touch displays, defrost modes and much more!
There are a couple of different styles of air fryers available on the market - namely standard air fryers (also called basket air fryers), and air fryer ovens. Air fryer ovens can perform all the tasks of an air fryer, with the added benefit of trays instead of a single basket. Despite their looks, they have similar air frying functionality and will cook your food in the same way. Conventional oven users will benefit greatly from air fryer ovens, as they combine the best of both kitchen appliances. Their larger size allows you to cook multiple dishes at once while the air frying elements give meals a crispy and juicy flavour.
Standard Air Fryers vs Air Fryer Ovens
Air Fryer Type
Basket Air Fryer
Air Fryer Oven
Choosing The Best Air Fryer
Once you've decided between a standard air fryer or an air fryer oven, you'll need to weigh up the various functions each air fryer comes with. If you have young kids, then a defrost function is a must - think quick and easy snacks and dinners at the touch of a button! If you're going to be using the air fryer regularly, removable and dishwasher safe racks or baskets are also a must-have for simple and fuss-free clean up. Before you choose between the finer details, there's one more big consideration - and that's its size or capacity.
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
Small, medium or large - what's the best size air fryer for you or your family? And what do the volume measurements really mean in terms of how many people it will feed? Here's a quick breakdown between your different air fryer size options:
- Small air fryers are nice and compact, taking up less space on your benchtop. They're perfect for families of up to four people who want to cook meals and side dishes quickly and easily.
- Large air fryers and air fryer ovens are ideal for bigger families - they allow you to cook a full roast dinner with ease. When it comes to air fryers with a more generous capacity, 7.5L air fryers and 10L air fryer ovens are popular choices. With an XL basket or multiple trays, these are the best type of air fryer to buy if you're cooking for a crowd or like to cook multiple elements at once.
What Brand Air Fryer Should I Choose?
At Harris Scarfe, we've sourced a range of the best air fryers for you to choose from, including quality tested brands such as Russell Hobbs and Tefal that you know and love. At Harris Scarfe we're also proud to offer the exclusive Smith & Nobel range of cookware and kitchen appliances. Created with quality, ease of use and best value prices in mind, Smith & Nobel air fryers are available with a huge range of different functions, features and capacities to suit every kitchen.
Air Fryers Top Sellers 2024
Air Fryer Recipes & Meal Inspiration
Cooking in your air fryer doesn't have to be fancy. One of the many benefits is how simple and easy they are to use. You can cook frozen food without defrosting and at the touch of a button. It's also a much safer way to cook with automatic cooking functions and digital displays - even the kids will enjoy getting involved.
What To Cook In An Air Fryer?
You'll be surprised at just how many delicious recipes you can make in your air fryer. From eggs to air fryer pork belly to delicious veggies like roasted brussels sprouts, there's next to no limit to what you can create in your air fryer. Explore our informative Food Hub to inspire your next culinary creations, including these air fryer articles that are sure to get your mouth watering!
- 4 Family-Friendly Air Fryer Recipes To Add To Your Weekly Menu: From nutritious air fryer crispy skin salmon to flavour-packed succulent air fried chicken wings, these recipes are sure to become family favourites. You can also find inspiration with our classic air fryer baked potatoes and pork & fennel air fryer sausage rolls, all in one convenient article for your reference.
- Four Delicious Air Fryer Desserts You Need To Try Today: Create gorgeous sweet treats with ease in your air fryer. Discover our simple to follow recipes for air fryer cheesecake, air fryer pancakes, air fryer muffins and air fryer churro donuts today!
- Easy Air Fryer Snacks For Entertaining: If you're looking for some indulgent savoury snack ideas then look no further than our recipes for filled pastries, dippers, seasoned veggies and crumbed haloumi and mozzarella - all made simple with your air fryer.
Shop Air Fryers From Leading Brands At Harris Scarfe
At Harris Scarfe, we've sourced a range of the best air fryers for you to choose from, including quality tested brands that you know and love. Start your air fryer journey with us today and discover why these versatile and time-saving kitchen appliances are quickly becoming household staple items. Find out more about how you can add extra functionality to your kitchen with our ultimate kitchen appliances buying guide. Shop for your air fryer at your nearest Harris Scarfe store, where you can also explore a huge range of kitchen appliances to cover all your food preparation needs. Shop the complete selection online today and enjoy the convenience of home delivery or click & collect for your order.