This is fun. This is Miguel. This is now.
WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS
In an exclusive interview with Harris Scarfe, Miguel invited us into his favourite room of the house – the kitchen: "This is where the magic happens" he greets us in his unmistakeable Spanish accent, his smile so infectious, you can't help but smile yourself.
Born in Spain, trained in Scotland and now a proud Australian citizen, the multi-talented chef, restaurateur, author and television presenter first burst onto our screens and into our homes in 2012 as the irrepressible cooking guru on Channel 10's The Living Room. Miguel's been like a concentrated splash of sunshine ever since, blending his culinary wizardry with a down-to-earth practicality that's inspired Australians everywhere to come together and cook. And Miguel is still amazed at the opportunities cooking has given him over the years.
"Cooking is like a double gift. First, you bring family and friends together in a really special way. And then you all get to share in the rewards of your efforts. It's brilliant."
And for those of us who want to cook but are intimidated about where to begin, Miguel has some sage advice:
"You don't need to follow all the rules. Simply make sure you find the space to laugh along the way. Cooking is what you make it. Blast the music up high and soon everyone in your home will come to see what the fuss is about!"
MIGUEL SHOWS US AROUND THE KITCHEN, TALKING TO EVERYONE'S 'MUST HAVE' KITCHEN GADGETS TO MAKE EVERY HOME CHEF A PRO.
Progressive Mandoline Slice
- Blade adjustment knob for a seamless change between the built-in slicing and waffle blades
- Varying thicknesses, including 1mm, 3.5mm, 5.5mm and 7.5mm.
- The extra-wide, stainless steel slicingdeck
- Non-skid feet ensures the mandoline remains stable on the work surface during use
- Folds conveniently for compact storage
Avanti Tabletop Grater with 3 Blades
- 3 Interchangeable stainless steel drum blades
- Easy to use hand crank mechanism
- Angled dispenser reduces clogging
- Powerful suction base adheres to smooth, non-porous work surfaces
- All pieces are detachable for cleaning
Stanley Rogers 6pc Black Oval Knife Block
- Acacia Wood Block
- Stainless steel knives with soft touch matte black handles
- 1x Cook's Knife (20cm)
- 1x Bread Knife (20cm)
- 1x Carving Knife (20cm)
- 1x Utility Knife (13cm)
- 1x Paring Knife (9cm)
- 1x Bamboo Knife Block
Avanti Rotary Food Mill Pro 3 Blade
- 18/10 stainless steel construction
- Fits over mixing bowls or stockpots
- End clips for stability
- Partially disassembles for easy storage