Alastair's Summer Herby Chicken
Prep Time: 15 mins plus overnight marinating time.
Cooking Time: 65 mins including resting time.
1.6kg chicken, cut into eight pieces
3 tbs fennel seeds, lightly crushed
1 tbs black peppercorns, lightly crushed
2 tbs sea salt flakes
8 cloves garlic, skin on
1 tsp chilli flakes
60ml olive oil
8 sprigs rosemary
1 400g tin crushed tomatoes
1 glass white wine
250g radishes, cleaned and halved
20ml red wine vinegar
- Combine chicken pieces with fennel, peppercorns, salt, garlic, chilli flakes, and half the olive oil then massage into the chicken pieces.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place chicken pieces skin-side up in a baking dish. Scatter over rosemary, tomatoes and wine.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- After 25 minutes of the cooking time has passed, toss radish pieces in remaining olive oil and nestle amongst chicken.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from the oven, drizzle with vinegar and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve in the roasting dish with pan juices spooned over.