This sounds awfully simple and yet we have all experienced the utterly baffling mystery of ‘one sock syndrome’.
- Always fold your socks into pairs.
- Try to wear matching socks, it is important to be co-ordinated from toe to head AND it helps you keep track.
- Track down BOTH socks BEFORE you wash them. If they lose each other it will be for good. You have been warned!!
- When in doubt, check pillow cases, doona covers and hooded jumpers for your errant socks – they just love to hide out in there.
- Unrelated advice, but please, please, please, sacrifice your holey socks to the ‘Gods of Smalls’ immediately on evidence of any loss of sock integrity. Socks are plentiful and cheap – stock up often. Stock Up, Sock Up – that’s the answer!