Putting together a bed is an art, perfect it and you can make any design look incredible.
The perfect bed is all about volume and detail. It should make you want to jump in, curl up and go straight to sleep.
Here are some tips to get that perfect looking bed:
- Build volume on your bed by adding two European pillows at the back and 2-4 regular pillows in front. Make sure your decorative pillows (the ones you do not sleep on) are nice and fluffy and fill out your pillowcases.
- Throw on a few decorator cushions. They can be different styles and sizes but as long as they compliment your quilt cover, they will add some extra style to your bed.
- Use a quilt that is a size bigger than your bed, it will drape nicely, cover your mattress and make your bed look bigger. For example, if you have a queen size mattress, buy a king size quilt. If you share your bed with your partner, this also ensures that the doona hog doesn’t win.
- If you have a high loft quilt such as feather & down, your bed will look nice and full naturally. If you have a quilt that sits flat and thin, such as wool or cotton, add lots of detail to your bed. A blanket, throw or coverlet folded across the end of the bed will add height together with the volume of the decorator cushions.
- If you have visible space under your bed, use a valance to hide it. If your mattress sits on a base, use a bed wrap to cover the outside of the mattress.
- Invest in good quality sheets, we spend one third of our lives in bed and a good, comfortable night’s sleep is vital for our health and well being.